Oh how I wish I was soaring through the wide blue yonder like this gorgeous wedgetail eagle…
But I’m not.
I am doing some catchup here on terra firma. Boring schmoring stuff like some sorely needed tidying and cleaning, and non-boring but extremely time-consuming stuff like editing my gazillion American Trip photos. (Dear Sweet Mother of God. I take too many photos!).
So in order to avoid the former group of chores for a moment, I am also keeping YOU updated on a couple of things.
- there have been some behind-the-scenes, beyond-my-control issues which have now been ironed out (I hope) and I expect to get your orders into the mail this weekend. My apologies for the delay.
- There are still a few left if you haven’t got your order in yet… either use the form here or just email me with your address and order details.
- I have been remiss with my World Weather Watch over the past few months. I miss it. So I am reinstating it this week. On Wednesday, because (as you know) one cannot have too much alliteration in their blog titles.
- It has been about six weeks since it has rained here. And then it was only a few millimetres. The green has almost vanished from our paddocks.
- It’s hot. Damn hot. Hot and sweaty… (bonus points if you can continue this quote from Good Morning Vietnam)
- It’s about time there was a contest on this blog, doncha think?
- I’ll have one coming up later this week… not sure when, as there are no days starting with ‘C’. Perhaps it should be a Friday Freebie? *cracks self up*
- It will involve some storytelling on your part. Check out some past efforts to get yourself into the right ‘out there’ frame of mind.
- It will involve me giving away calendars. Or prints. Or both. I haven’t decided yet. Stay tuned.
- I am confessing all over at the fabulous Fleur McDonald’s blog today… the secrets behind how I became a blogger! Check it out (and tell her ‘hi’) here.
I have to go now. According to reports, my bed has completely disappeared under the folding and general debris. I think that’s a sign I should put some stuff away, don’t you?
I’ll be imagining I’m up there with that wedgetail eagle, circling in the cool breeze and watching for approaching storms, while I am tackling it.
I’ll understand if that thought doesn’t reassure you as much as it does me.